Great circuit/TRX workout this morning with the Alta Loma Girls Water Polo Team… Stay tuned for more each week. And join in on the fun here at Fitness Results!!! Way to go Ladies!!!
Lag Day with the Alta Loma Girls Water Polo Team. You girls are getting stronger. Keep it up and get ready to max next week!!!
For those of you already TRX Level I Qualified, we will be hosting a TRX Level II Qualification Course on Sunday, September 28th. For more information or to register for the course, please follow the linkhttps://www.trxtraining.com/products/courseregistration. If you are interested in a Level I qualifaction, there will be a class held on Sunday, October 5th at The Studio in Temecula, CA. For more information on the Level I Qualification Course, please follow the link https://www.trxtraining.com/products/courseregistration/ONT-141005.
Here are the Girls from the Alta Loma Water Polo Team working hard with Coach Kevin. This is their forth week training with us after their initial training during “Hell Week.” Keep it up girls!!!
Here is the workout of the day… Bench Press close grip
• Lie on the bench, back flat.
• The bar is held with the hands slightly inward of shoulder width.
• The hands must be equal distance from the center of the bar.
• The bar is lifted from the supports and held over the upper portion of the chest.
• The bar is lowered slowly, keeping the elbows in.
• Take the bar down to the top of your abdominals.
• Keep the wrists rigid and the forearms perpendicular to the floor and parallel to each other. The grip width will determine how parallel the forearms are to each other.
• The arms are then extended straight up to complete the exercise.
• Do not forcefully lock the elbows.
• Do not arch the lower back or lift the buttocks from the original position.
Did you know that you can burn calories just by getting at least 7 hours of sleep? I is a true statement and it all depends on your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR), height, and body weight. For example, an individual who weighs 160 lbs burns 69 calories per hour of sleep, which can add up to 483 calories with 7 hours of sleep. Of course nutrition and fitness also plays a large factor in this. Nutrition is something that plays a key factor in this. Eating before bedtime is not recommended because it can lead to weight gain.
For more information on this, contact us at (909)608-1780.
Did you know that 5 lbs of muscle weighs the same as 5 lbs of fat? Well, the fact of the matter is that this statement is 100% true. It may be deceiving but the main fact in regards to the statement is that muscle is more dense than fat. When you piece it together, two different people can be the same exact height and weight but their body compositions will be different. The conclusion to this is that one will have more body fat percentage, while the other has more muscle mass. This is why nutrition along with exercise is very important if you want to stay on track of any kind of fitness program.
Since today is Shoulders and Arms Day, the workout of the day is… Bicep Curl
• Stand with knees slightly bent, back straight abdominals stable.
• Grasp the barbell with a shoulder width grip with palms facing upward
• Lift the barbell by bending the elbow of each arm to full contraction
• Keep the elbows at side and do not let upper arm move away from body, keeping wrist straight and stable.
• Keep back and abdominals stable
• Slowly lower barbell in a controlled motion until arm is 99% fully extended
• Keep back and abdominals stable
Primary Muscles Used:
• Biceps Brachii
Even we do the Ice Bucket Challenge at Fitness Results… Who do you want to challenge now?
Congratulations to our member of the month, Galand Hollowell. His new bench press max of 170 lbs. He’s moving up too fast that we can’t keep track… Way to go Galand!!!